Tuesday, March 31, 2009

In the Beginning...

As you can see from my profie, I'm a 22 year old guy from Duluth, MN. I'm just finishing up my undergrad degree in Health Care Management from UMD. I've never had a blog, and I fear that I won't keep up with this one, but I'm making it kind of a personal goal to begin being more creative and to start writing more.

My plan is to start sharing everything food related with as many people as I can starting today. I hope to include words, pictures, recipes, drinks and experiences and anything else applicable from my life. Also, I really like to travel, and enjoy all kinds of music (especially live) so anyone that actually follows my life will be sure to run into these topics as well.

Starting with today:

So this morning, I enjoyed sleeping in a little (I worked the overnights this weekend and have class until late Monday - Tuesday morning is my time to catch up). Laying in bed I finally woke up before my alarm as I usually do. I remembered that there was supposed to be a pretty decent snow storm overnight and quickly scrambled over to the window to draw open the shades and see where we were at. Old Man Winter (Spring?) was at it again. While I heard it's supposed to be raining in the Twin Cities area, we're getting several inches of the white stuff.


When winter strikes what is the logical thing to do? Make some food (or in some cases warm up to a cozy living room with a good beer, but 10:30 am is a little early for me). I made my way down to my little kitchen to see what was in the fridge. Bacon and eggs stared back at me, so naturally they were included in my morning fare. But bacon and eggs is boring, and I've been trying to hone my omelette-making skills. So I got out an onion and green pepper and began to prepare a Denver-ish omlette. Though pretty mundane in nature, the final result was probably one on the more beautiful omlettes I've made in recent history. Worthy enough for a picture.



Of course the flavors were simple but effective. Perfect accompaniment was an Irish breakfast tea. This morning: so far so good.

1 comment:

  1. Ben, this is great. I think you and I should be friends outside of work-related things.


    This is Sam, by the way. :)
    I have a blog, too, but it's a bit more..... poetic in nature. You're welcome to read it if you'd like.

    http://theperfectionofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete